This post is a compilation of ongoing research and analyses on COVID-19, air pollution and health. Please note that updates will be made to the document every 3-4 days. You can refer to the a related document with a list of studies & analyses from around the world here.
Before you dig in, here are a few quick resources highlighting the importance of sound science with regards to COVID-19 and air pollution:
- Go slow to go fast: A plea for sustained scientific rigor in air pollution research during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Air pollution, COVID-19 and death: The perils of bypassing peer review
- A Skeptic’s Guide to Ecologic Studies during a Pandemic
- Effect of restricted emissions during COVID-19 on air quality in India
- Effect of lockdown amid COVID-19 pandemic on air quality of the megacity Delhi, India
- The Influence of COVID-19 on Air Quality in India: A Boon or Inutile
- The impact of COVID-19 as a necessary evil on air pollution in India during the lockdown
- Epigrammatic study on the effect of lockdown amid Covid-19 pandemic on air quality of most polluted cities of Rajasthan (India)
- Temporary reduction in fine particulate matter due to ‘anthropogenic emissions switch-off’ during COVID-19 lockdown in Indian cities
- Effect of meteorological parameters on spread of COVID-19 in India and air quality during lockdown
- COVID-19 Pandemic and City-Level Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Reduction for Urban Centres of India
- Social and Travel Lockdown Impact Considering Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) on Air Quality in Megacities of India: Present Benefits, Future Challenges and Way Forward
- Impact of lockdown measures during COVID-19 on air quality– A case study of India
- Decline in PM2.5 Concentrations over Major Cities Around the World Associated with COVID-19
- Impact of lockdown on air quality in India during COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: air pollution remains low as people stay at home
- Air pollution and COVID-19: Is the connect worth its weight?
- Air quality during the COVID-19: PM2.5 analysis in the 50 most polluted capital cities in the world
- Indoor air pollution (IAP) and pre-existing morbidities among under-5 children in India: are risk factors of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)?
- Air pollution aggravating COVID-19 lethality? Exploration in Asian cities using statistical models
- Exposure to Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) from Vehicular Emission Could Increase the COVID-19 Pandemic Fatality in India: A Perspective
- Air quality during COVID-19 lockdown: Blessing in disguise
Analyses and Reports
- Data Analysis: How Has the Lockdown Changed the Pollution Over North India?
- Part II: How Did Lockdown 2 Change the Pollution Over India’s Cities? Access the data here.
- The impact of stubble burning and poor air quality in India during the time of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Impact On Air Quality In 10 Major Cities
- COVID-19 impact and policy responses in the Hindu Kush Himalaya
- Air pollution drops in India following lockdown
- Pursuing a Clean Air Agenda in India During the COVID Crisis (opinion piece in HT)
- EPIC/University of Chicago tracker to quantify the impact of COVID on electricity consumption & air pollution (PM)
- Is the Covid-19 Lockdown Really Decreasing Air Pollution In India?
- Why We Need to Look Beyond City Limits for Clean Air in Indian Cities
- The Coronavirus Offers a Radical New Vision for India’s Cities
- India coronavirus: Can the Covid-19 lockdown spark a clean air movement?
- Witnessing the future through the coronavirus lockdown
- Coronavirus: While Indians were rejoicing over clear blue skies, indoor pollution was rising
- Mumbai’s vehicular pollution dropped by three-fourth during lockdown period: Study
- India’s abysmal air quality makes its poor more vulnerable to Covid-19
- To counter the Covid-19 pandemic, bring more poor into the LPG net
- A moment of clarity
- Lockdown air: less NO2, same PM2.5 and more urban ozone
- COVID-19: Study points to 3-pronged approach to mitigate airborne transmission
- Lockdown Impacts: As Ambient Air Improved, Did a Spike in Indoor Pollution Go Unnoticed?
- Delhi and Mumbai’s high Covid tally linked to severe air pollution levels, say experts
To add your analysis to this list, please contact us at indiaaq[at]gmail[dot]com.