Center for Study of Science, Technology and Policy (CSTEP) and Centre for Environment, Energy and Climate Change at the Asian Development Research Institute (CEECC, ADRI) have released two reports on Comprehensive Clean Air Action Plans for Gaya and Muzaffarpur .
Gaya and Muzaffarpur are among the non-attainment cities identified by the Central Pollution Control Board. The Comprehensive Clean Air Action Plans for these cities suggest control measures to check the rise in pollution and save lives including:
- Converting 2-stroke autos to E-Rickshaws
- Increasing LPG penetration and refilling stations
- Enforcing waste segregation at source and door-to-door collection
- Adopting zig-zag technology in brick kilns
- Tapping into Gaya’s rooftop solar potential to reduce powers cuts and the resultant use of DG sets